Do you know why California is home to six of the top 10 auto theft locations in the nation? Simply they do not follow these precautionary measures.
1) Never leave your keys in the car.
2) Leave your car in park or in gear with the wheels turned toward the curb or some other obstruction, so thieves won't be able to tow it easily.
3) If possible, park in busy, well-lit areas. Thieves prefer to work in the dark.
4) Avoid leaving valuables inside your vehicle where passersby can see them.
5) Install an anti-theft system in your vehicle if it doesn't have one. Ignition cut-off systems prevent a car from being started. One system emits a signal that can be tracked by the police. Thieves are reluctant to steal vehicles that can be tracked and recovered quickly. Many insurers offer discounts for these types of systems.
6) Beware of the "bump-and-rob" technique. Carjackers bump your car from the rear, and then steal it when you get out looking for damage.
7) When stopped at a traffic light, leave room to maneuver around the vehicle ahead if you need to. If another car bumps yours and you feel threatened, drive to a populated area. If you have a cell phone, call the police for assistance.
8) Do not leave your car papers in the car.
9) Avoid known high-crime areas even if the alternate route takes a little longer.
10) Have your car's vehicle identification number (VIN) etched on each of the windows. Car thieves want to get off cheap. They don't want to go to the expense of replacing all the glass
Be sure to write down all the above precautionary steps.
And now, let us come to the important aspect of insuring your car.
As you shop around for anything before deciding to buy, you must search for cheap car insurance quote, to save your hard earned money on car insurance.
Carinsurnace.com allows you to compare auto insurance rates, a definite indication about transparency.
Their auto insurance quotes are available for all 50 states! The added benefit to deal with them is to purchase online and complete the process and have your proof of insurance in 15 minutes! Good time saver you must agree.
You can also fall back on their professional call center to help you purchase car insurance. In some states you can approach one of their Esurance insurance (online trusted partners) for a rate in you area.